Adult Day Program
Delta United Church
47 Ottawa Street South (entrance on Maple Ave.)
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
(closed all statutory holidays)
The Adult Day Program is an integrated program for older adults living in the community supported by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. The program is designed to improve the quality of life and well-being to help participants discover, build, and reaffirm their skills and independence through social, recreational, and therapeutic activities in a safe and supportive environment.
To learn more, please contact 905-549-2815.
- Nutritionally balanced lunch and snacks provided daily
- Arts and crafts programs
- Social gatherings
- Recreational activities such as cards, table games, dice games, sing-a-longs and discussion groups
- Guest speakers, entertainers and special events
- Health and wellness programs
- Memory and recall activities to stimulate and challenge the mind such as Montessori-based activities for participants with Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Horticultural therapy
- Exercise programs designed to enhance each individual’s abilities and overall well-being
- Physical activities such as bocce ball, ladder ball, bowling and shuffleboard
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Compassionate, knolwedgable and supportive staff
Adult Programs (18+)
Our adult programs are for individuals ages 18 or older. They do not include youth programs that are for youth age 13-24.
There are currently no adult programs in session. Please check back regularly for updates.
Senior Programs (55+)
Our senior programs are designed for individuals 55+, but we welcome individuals of all ages to register, if interested.
Mondays with Kathy
Offering a variety of free pre-recorded virtual exercise and wellness programs for adults 55+ on the BGCHH Club at Home Youtube channel. Exercises that target strength training, chair exercise, cardio, stretches, yoga, tai-chi, dance workout and more! Dance programs are also available: Line Dance and Hawaiian Dance.
Wellness programs are brought to you by various agencies, including Hamilton Police Services & VON Hamilton.
Free delivered monthly bags with different activities for Adults 55+ without computers to participate from home. Arts, fitness, brain teasers and more! Registration required. Spaces are limited.
To register please contact Connie by email or phone at 905-549-2814 ext. 371.
Rec-in-a-bag is generously supported by the Edith Turner Foundation.
McQuesten Community Centre
Hours of Operation:
(Closed all Statutory holidays)
A space for social gathering and recreational programs for older adults ages 55+, located at the McQuesten Community Centre. Activities include BINGO, euchre, fitness, social outings & so much more!
To learn more, please contact Connie.
Adult AquaFit is designed for non-swimmers and swimmers alike. This is a challenging full body workout with little to no impact on joints. Participants will work on stretching and flexibility, cardio, strength and core exercises in each class.