69% of Alumni say a Club saved their life
For over 80 years, BGC Hamilton-Halton (formerly the Boys & Girls Clubs of Hamilton) has removed barriers and created opportunities for all young people, of all backgrounds. We are part of the largest child and youth serving organization in Canada, and locally, we are a leading provider of quality programs for children, youth, adults and families.
Our Clubs are located in neighbourhoods where we are needed most. We emphasize flexible programs based on local needs, the interests of our participants, and the diversity, character and identity of their communities.
Click Here to learn more about our mission, vision and values.
Click Here to explore the different ways to give to BGC Hamilton-Halton.
At BGC Hamilton-Halton we remove barriers and create life-changing opportunity for thousands of children and youth in Hamilton and Halton.
Young people who attend a Club struggle less with academics and are more engaged in learning, avoid risky health behaviours, and have less interaction with the justice system (link)
- In a recent study, 77% of Club members surveyed felt they were able to bounce back better after going through a hard time and 80% felt more confident taking on responsibilities and helping others (link)
More children and youth than ever have experienced negative mental health impacts as a direct result of the pandemic and social distancing (link)
- As a trusted community organization, our Club has continued to support young people virtually and in-person when possible, producing thousands of hours of high-quality programming and reaching 53% more young people
- Our programs are trauma-informed and designed to help young people cope with the ups and downs of life
1 in 5 children in Canada live in poverty—approximately 1.3 million—and the impacts are much deeper on marginalized communities (link)
- We serve the most vulnerable members of our community at low or no-cost
- Our programs help young people combat poverty through youth employment, education and training, nutrition and food security, and more
We couldn’t do this without your support.
Donors like you help BGC Hamitlon-Halton break down barriers by providing financial assistance to children, youth and their families who need it most, so they can belong to a connected, engaged and healthy community.
We rely on generous donations by individuals, businesses, and community partners to help us make our programs and services accessible for everyone. With your help, we can remain open to all and ensure that no one is turned away from our services.
Everyone has a role to play, and every gift makes a difference.